The motorcycle accident lawyers from Pravati can help
If you’ve driven today, you’ve probably seen at least one bumper sticker cautioning you to look out for motorcycles. There’s a reason that you don’t see these bumper stickers asking you to look out for sedans or SUVs—it’s because motorcycle drivers and passengers are far more likely to suffer fatalities in accidents than drivers of other types of vehicles. In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, motorcycle deaths were more than 27 times as likely to occur as car deaths per mile traveled.
After a motorcycle accident, many things need to be determined. First is the cause of the accident. Was it alcohol related? Was it due to driving while fatigued or distracted? Was it caused by improperly maintained parts? Was it caused by negligence? Next, one must consider what type of damage was done. Was there property damage? What’s the extent of the physical damage? Does it include conditions such as coma, brain damage, broken bones or death? How will that impact the injured party’s family and future?
Damages From Motorcycle Accidents
After these assessments are made, you need a lawyer to help you determine what to sue for. Your options include:
- General damages: This would be for a wide assortment of damages including pain and suffering, anguish, anxiety fear and loss of life.
- Compensatory damages: This could cover many expenses including medical costs, vehicle repair charges, lost wages and even payments for the diminished earning capacity of the victim after the accident.
- Punitive damages: For especially egregious damages cause by intentional acts, punitive damages can add an extra financial punishment to the suit.
Lawyer Referral For Motorcycle Accident Lawsuits
No matter what kind of damage you suffered and what you think you can get in a court of law, you need to proceed with a lawyer who’s experienced and prepared to represent you. This isn’t something that can be found through a simple internet search. Instead, you can use Pravati Legal Networks’ proven, proprietary lawyer referral system. The motorcycle accident lawyers from Pravati work with no fees, only getting paid once they win your case. To get started, contact us today.
Pravati’s Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Motorcycle Accident Parameters For LAWYER REFERRAL
- Motorcycle drivers working while fatigued
- Drivers who have not been adequately trained or properly screened for employment
- Drivers who are under the influence of intoxicants
- Motorcycles that are overloaded or improperly loaded, and
- Motorcycles and equipment that is poorly or improperly maintained.
If you or a loved one were injured in a motorcycle accident, contact the motorcycle accident lawyers of Pravati today.